Williams Shea, co-author of "Fade to Gray," dragged inventory to the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books at USC this past weekend. "Over the past two days we sold over 70 books, had 3 interviews, talked to over 400 people, drove 800 miles, got only 3 hours of sleep each night, and ate about 2 dozen tacos," reported Shea on Facebook.
300 Days of Sun editorial team.
• Las Vegas Arts Commission seeks matching funds for public art I Las Vegas Weekly
• CAC juried show reviewed I Las Vegas Weekly
• Reno is having a mural throw down I Reno Gazette
• Do LaB creating "frenzy" of art at Coachella. I Desert Sun
• So the festival doesn't get all the attention, the city of Coachella is funding more murals by Date Farmers Art Studio. I Desert Sun
• Fargo Speaks in this editorial titled "A thriving city values public art." I InForum
• Environmentalist Chris Clark says guerilla art is destroying the desert: "It's not your blank canvas." I Beacon Reader
• Bloomberg Business lists public art to look at in summer 2015. The desert is represented twice with projects by Los Angeles Nomadic Division and High Desert Test Sites. I Bloomberg Business.
• Take it to the West Bank: A Banksy murals in Gaza was recovered after being sold for $175 by accident I UPI
• Supporters from the political right took a cue from the left and trying street art to push ideas. The art is bad so far, like this anti-Hillary image made with a PhotoShop filter seen in Brooklyn. I Weekly Standard
• Sabo is also a conservative street artist. I HuffPo
ABOVE: Gig Depio
“Through the Muddy”
2017-18 480” x 144”
Oil on Canvas
An Online Arts Journal
February 2 – March 31, 2019
and Gallery Talk:
Sunday, February 10, 2019,
4 p.m.–7 p.m.
S P O N S O R