Jesse Smigel via Instagram
• Jesse Smigel’s cat sculpture is now on the corner of First Street and Coolidge Avenue. I Las Vegas Weekly
• Australia’s Fintan Magee combines crafted illustration with street art sensibility. He starts working on his Life is Beautiful mural this week.
• “As with previous photographs by artist Sam Davis, the uncertain narrative of the stewardess is as open as the vastness in which she has found herself.” Kristen Peterson on Davis and “Jettison” at Trifecta Gallery I Las Vegas Weekly.
• “I think the art is the one vertical that lives on beyond the Festival,” says Antony Speigel, art curator for Life is Beautiful, on Sush Machida and Tim Bavington’ mural, via BLVDS LV.
• Richard Hooker considers Panorama + “a statement on the commitment of the Las Vegas community.” I Las Vegas Weekly.
Christina Angelinal via Facebook
• Christina Angelina and Ease One TX worked on a mural together at . . . .Downtown Summerlin.
• Branden Michael Powers' art giveaway reached ArtNetNews. How clues were left on Facebook was left off their memo.
• Juan Muniz was ComicCon NY 2014 Secret Walls Winner as announced "by his idol" Ron English.
• Illustrators 56, an annual traveling show by the Society of Illustrators that features the year’s best works at The Studio @ Sahara West Library. Through October 31, 2014 . Vegas Valley Book Festival / Review Journal.
• Latest edition of Justin Favela Watch: HuffPo + ABC News / AP
Above: Krystal Ramirez “I Want to See More Brown Bodies” from 2017 will be reassembled at UNLV’s Barrick Museum of Art in Spring 2018.