- "Our own little golden Stonehenge. A prism generator from the mirror funhouse. " So opens Dawn Michelle Baude's review on Audrey Barcio’s Continual Eventual. I LVWeekly
- Life Is Beautiful red ink is running at $10 million in its first three years, but its not a reason to worry. It is said it takes least three years to break even. The 2015 numbers will be released soon writes Alan Snel for Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- An Roadside America app guides you through the "quirky side of Las Vegas." Some of the nuggets are murals I KNPR
- Scott Haskins has been saving L.A.’s vintage murals. He has poked around Las Vegas it seems I ARTSY
- 'A Bruised San Bernardino Shows Cultural Stirrings' looks at California State University, San Bernardino professors, Juan Delgado and Thomas McGovern, using three years of documenting grassroots public art to be a starting point for healing a town. I NYTimes
- Los Angeles Times architecture critic Christopher Hawthorne reported on Wednesday LACMA has received the 1963 John Lautner-designed Sheats-Goldstein house near Beverly Hills.
- 4,000 sketches by the artist, poet, activist, educator and muralist, José Montoya, now on display at The Fowler I LATimes
- Street art is needed to fulfill Tulsa Oklahoma's Hipster portfolio, says Tulsa World. One cannot be trendy with irascible baristas, dive music bars, and tattoos alone.
- Don't mess with Texas Public Art funding, warns this op-ed at MySA.
REST OF U.S.
- In Alabama, officials are still trying to decide what to do with two murals that represent the Old South, that some call racist are close to a decision I WBRC + Birmingham Times
New York Times with strong interactive feature on Robert Ryman I NYT
ONE MORE FROM THE WEST
Glasstire, an outstanding visual arts blog from Texas, polled University of Houston students for their opinion of the campus public art collection. "Somebody got lucky and got a commission," offers one critic.
"24 Hours Later"
Las Vegas Boulevard
and Harmon Avenue
October 2, 2017
Serigraph Print on Rives BFK, 18"x12"
Edition of 50